Web Design Perth
You Are Here: Home » Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

Support Blog Category: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

Understanding the fundamentals of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).

This category covers a whole range of issues related to getting your website ranking highly in Google’s search results, including;

  • What is SEO and how it can benefit you
  • Discover a wealth of quick and easy SEO tips you can implement to boost rankings
  • The importance of thorough keyword research as the foundation of good SEO
  • Some common SEO mistakes and myths
  • How to undertake competitor research to gain an edge over the competition
  • Plus much more

> The Power Of Local SEO

August 3rd, 2016 Blair Thorne

Is your business getting listed locally?

When someone in your area is searching for the service or product that you provide, are you or your competitors showing up in the search engines?

You may have heard this all before, and you might have an argument when you say that “There just aren’t enough searches for … >>




> Should I Do SEO Myself?

June 30th, 2016 Blair Thorne

There’s no debating it.

A number one ranking in the search engines for your given business, industry or keyword can bring about more inquiries, sales and new clients.

However, the million dollar question remains – HOW do you get that ranking?

It’s easy, they say.

It’s not that hard, they say.

You can do it … >>




> How to Detox Your Backlink Profile Using the Google Disavow Tool

February 16th, 2016 Blair Thorne

Your Step by Step Guide to Creating a Google Disavow File

Has your website suffered a sudden drop in Google rankings? Perhaps you have been slapped by a Google algorithm update, or received a Manual Webspam Action notification in your Google Webmaster Tools account?

Whichever it is, one of the major things you need to … >>




> The Importance of Customer Reviews for SEO

November 25th, 2015 Blair Thorne

For any business and organisation, reviews matter a lot for your SEO Perth campaign. Especially the good ones. Reviews can be best described as an organisation getting a pat on the back, or a cold shoulder from the customers. They can help you go from a mere three to a ten in a matter of … >>




> 6 Essential SEO Tips to Improve Your Website Traffic

November 7th, 2015 Blair Thorne

Emerging web businesses and new website owners wish to get their website ranked on the top. To achieve this, they find ways to increase their appearance in the search engine results. This is what is known as Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). You really don’t need to be an SEO expert; neither do you need to … >>




> The Skinny on Link Building

September 19th, 2014 Blair Thorne

Web designers in Perth know that one of the best techniques to help rank our client’s websites is to build links. There are however, good and bad links and the right way and the wrong way to build these links.

A few years ago, you could actually pay for links to your website and because … >>




> The SEO Benefits of Content Siloing

September 16th, 2014 Blair Thorne

Web designers in Perth are aware that good SEO involves organising your website around keyword relevant content and themes. In other words – content siloing. Reminiscent of grain silos, content siloing is based on organisation of your content around keyword themes.

Content silos help search engines get a ‘feel’ for your website and to understand … >>




> SEO Tips on Keywords Part 2

September 9th, 2014 Blair Thorne

Web design Perth is hot to trot, so we want to make sure that all of our clients wring every ounce of juice out of their SEO.  To this end, here is Part 2 of our SEO tips on keywords.

In the last blog we addressed 3 of the key areas on your website, where … >>




> SEO Tips on Keywords Part 1

September 5th, 2014 Blair Thorne

As web designers in Perth, we have some awesome clients, but the one thing they all want is to rank highly in the search engine results pages (serps). If you have been reading our blog, you will know that there are many different components to increasing your rankings and one essential element is on-page SEO.… >>




> The Essentials of Internal Links

September 2nd, 2014 Blair Thorne

One of the essential skills for web designers in Perth, in fact for all web designers, is understanding on-page optimisation. Good SEO is a technique that must be honed and can certainly take some serious time to learn.

There are however, some simple, but important on-page SEO techniques that any business owner, who already feels … >>




> The Basics of Outbound Links

August 29th, 2014 Blair Thorne

As web designers in Perth, we create websites for a large variety of businesses, but the one singular element that is the same for all of them, across the board, is that they all need targeted on-page SEO.

You have most probably heard about SEO and how important it is to ranking, traffic and conversions, … >>




> A Quick Look at Permalinks

August 26th, 2014 Blair Thorne

Web design Perth is booming at the moment, as everyone seems to want their business website up and running ASAP. Which is great for us at The Web Shop, but the problem is that a successful marketing strategy doesn’t begin and end with an awesome website.

Finding a website designer in Perth and launching your … >>




> 10 SEO Tips You Can Implement Today

August 12th, 2014 Blair Thorne

At our web design Perth studio, we know that organic rankings can mean the difference between the success and failure of your business. Both on page and off page SEO is essential to ensuring that your website can be easily found by searchers and so needs to be constantly monitored and kept up to date.… >>




> 7 Steps to a Stress Free Blog

August 5th, 2014 Blair Thorne

At The Web Shop, we know that writing a business blog is one of the easiest and most cost effective strategies you can use to promote your business.

It can drive traffic to your website, increase conversions and help establish your business as an authority in your industry. Many business owners however, tend to go … >>




> 5 Tips to Increase Website Conversions

July 29th, 2014 Blair Thorne

At our web design Perth studio, we are frequently asked about website conversions and what a particular client can do to increase their conversions.

Conversion rate optimisation (CRO) as it is known, is a vital element of website design – it the bread and butter of your bottom line – because without conversions your website … >>




> How to Boost your Online Presence

July 22nd, 2014 Blair Thorne

At our WordPress website design Perth studio, we frequently have clients coming to us and asking how they can increase their online presence. They need to increase sales and are not sure of the best and most effective steps to take.

So straight to you from our Perth website design studio – we have decided … >>




> Changing Page Title & Description Meta Tags for SEO

November 20th, 2013 Blair Thorne

Overview

This video shows you how to change the ‘Page Title’ and ‘Description’ meta tags on your website for SEO purposes;

  1. Select your page and click ‘Edit’
  2. Scroll down to the Headspace plugin fields below the editing window
  3. Ammend the Page Title and Description fields to include your desired keywords
  4. Click the ‘Update’ button
>>



> Optimising Images for SEO keywords

November 19th, 2013 Blair Thorne

How to Add SEO Keywords to Your ImagesOverview

The video tutorial above shows you how to add your SEO keywords to your images in WordPress, using the Title, Alternative Text and Captions fields.… >>




> The Fundamentals of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

November 5th, 2013 Blair Thorne

Understanding Search Engine Optimisation

When we speak to new clients in the early stages of a project they frequently ask something along the lines of “will my new website get me on the top of Google?“

This question belies a very limited understanding of the issues involved in SEO. For example, it is very easy … >>