7 Steps to a Stress Free Blog
At The Web Shop, we know that writing a business blog is one of the easiest and most cost effective strategies you can use to promote your business.
It can drive traffic to your website, increase conversions and help establish your business as an authority in your industry. Many business owners however, tend to go cross eyed at the mere thought of writing a blog – which is a shame because if done right – a blog can provide huge benefits to your business in terms of your bottom line.
So once you have incorporated a blog into your website design - here are 7 steps to a stress free blog that will take the pain away:
- Focus on your niche: Make sure that your blog posts are focussed on your business (this is not a personal blog) and targeted towards clients who need your products or services.
- Interact with your clients: The whole point of a blog is to establish an ongoing relationship with your clients, one that builds trust and keeps people returning to your website. So ask for comments and then reply to these comments.
- Engage with your audience. Provide interesting and engaging content. For example, write posts that promote a new product and explain how it can help solve a particular problem or provide product updates – it is all about relationships and engagement.
- Ask clients for blog topics: If you are stuck for topics to write about, the easiest solution is to ask your clients. Don’t worry, they will come up with a whole swag of issues, problems and ideas that you can write blogs about for the next 6 months!
- Blog often: Blogging at least weekly keeps your clients engaged and helps in organic rankings, because you are constantly adding new content to your website. Blogging a few times a week is even better, but if you blog once a month for example – people forget about you.
- Write great headlines: Think up catchy or compelling headlines for your posts and use 2 or 3 subheadings in each post, which are keyword rich.
- Think about lists: People love lists, so include lists in some of your posts. This post for example, is a list of 7 steps to a stress free blog - people find lists easy to read and quick to understand.
A business blog is all about engaging your clients and building a relationship based on trust. However, if you still feel that writing a blog is beyond you – whether you just don’t have the time or it just isn’t your forte – then consider hiring a freelance writer who is experienced in writing high quality blogs.
If you want more information on our website design services, feel free to contact us at our web design studio. Call us on 08 6311 7534.