Why You Need a Website
5 Reasons Your Business Needs a Website
If you are just starting out in a new venture or have an existing small business, you might be wondering whether it is worth investing in a website. Business owners whose products or services cannot be sold online, in particular, make the assumption that a website serves no real purpose.
At our design studio, we are asked this type of question on a regular basis and we have an easy answer – YES, you need a website!
However, as website developers you might think that we are biased and maybe we are, because we design and create some absolutely fabulous websites. However, if you really put some thought into the reasons why you are in business, you will realise that there some seriously solid reasons why a business website is a strategic move in the right direction.
Don’t believe us? Well here are 5 reasons that might change your mind:
- Brand exposure – there is no better way (other than a brass band marching down your high street) to reach so many people, than via the internet. It allows you to build and define your brand and to target your customers, resulting in increased enquiries, bookings, leads and sales.
- People search online – in 2012, 88.8% of Australians used the internet and 92% of Australians researched online before making a purchase. Consumers no longer flick through the yellow pages to search for a product or service, they search online. This one is a no-brainer.
- Engage your customers – one of the best ways to increase sales is to engage consumers. It is easy to present your sales copy on a website and if you have a blog where you answer their questions, you increase their trust and your credibility.
- Social Media – even if you have had your head in the sand for the past 10 years, you cannot deny that social networking is here to stay. With 58% of people worldwide using social media, this is one of the best ways to engage consumers and to disseminate information about your business.
- Competitive edge – If your competition doesn’t have a website then you will be ahead of the pack. If they do have a website – make sure yours is better designed, is more informative and engaging, optimised for search engines and looks better than their website.
Even if you think that your services or products cannot be sold online, a website allows you to establish and promote your brand and to inform and engage your clients. Think of a website as a worldwide business card that positions your brand and increases your ROI.
For more information on web design, call us on 08 6311 7534.