10 Easy SEO Tips
10 SEO Tips You Can Implement Today
At our web design studio, we know that organic rankings can mean the difference between the success and failure of your business. Both on page and off page SEO is essential to ensuring that your website can be easily found by searchers and so needs to be constantly monitored and kept up to date.
There are a lot of techniques involved in good SEO, but there are also some simple steps that you can take yourself to help increase traffic to your website. So here are 10 SEO tips you can do today:
- Keyword research: Use Google’s keyword planner or other keyword tool to create a list of 50-100 keywords and phrases that rank well in your industry. These will help focus your content on people who are searching for your products or services.
- Social networking: Make your content easy to share by including highly visible share buttons.
- Write high quality content: Your content must engage and interest the viewer, it must be well written and include a judicious sprinkling of keywords.
- Write a blog: Blogging helps you engage your customers and build up a relationship based on trust and transparency.
- Meta Tags: Make sure that your Title tag and Meta descriptions are keyword rich and unique for each page on your website. Check out Yoast – a popular SEO tool that makes Title tags and Meta descriptions a snip.
- Metrics: If you don’t track your metrics, you will have no idea where your traffic originates and how you can optimise for conversions. Sign up for Google Analytics and check out CrazyEgg.com to track where visitors spend time on your web pages.
- Optimise images: Search engines cannot read images, so leverage this underutilised real estate and optimise the ALT tags and Meta descriptions for all images on your website.
- Use infographics: People relate to images much better than to pages of text. So it is worth checking out software, like Piktochart that allow you to make your own unique infographics.
- YouTube videos: Google owns YouTube, so create a ‘How To…’ video on YouTube and embed it in one of your web pages. Check out WeVideo.com or Wistia.com.
- Track your rankings: Use a rank tracking program like SEOKeywordRanking.com to see how well you rank for your keywords. Receive automatic updates to help you identify your main competitors in the serps.
For more information on web design, feel free to contact us at our design studio in Perth. Call us on 08 6311 7534.