Web Design Process
FAQs – Web Design Process
Web Design Process
Q. Will I be able to see what my site will look like before it is built?
Yes. Based on our discussions regarding your requirements and design preferences, we will draw up a proposed Screen Design image file showing the layout, colour scheme and positioning of the elements etc. This will be sent to you for your feedback and any required changes before we start the construction phase. This way you will be able to visualise the finished product and there will be no surprises on completion. You can request as many changes as needed to get the design looking the way you want it. Please note though that any changes requested after approval may incur additional cost.
Q. How long will it take for my website to be completed?
For mid-sized ‘Dynamic Package’ websites with 15 pages or less, and no additional complex functionality, the whole process will be completed in 2 weeks after receiving all the content and required information.
Q. What will I be required to provide you?
We will send you an itemised list specific to your particular circumstances and the requirements of the project. Generally speaking we will require some combination of the following;
- Simple bullet point list of pages
- Page text to be provided in a Word document
- Images/photos to be included
- Company logo, preferably in the original format supplied by the designer
- Full business details including business name, contact details, type of registered organisation, ABN/ACN etc.
- Login details for any existing Domain Names and Web Hosting accounts
Q. What does the overall project design process look like?
An global overview of the project process would include the following steps;
- CONSULT: We consult with you to determine your requirements and preferences for colours, layout etc
- ELEMENTS: Gather elements such as logos, business details and login details for domains and hosting accounts
- SITE MAP: Determine the page structure for the website
- SCREEN DESIGN: Draw up the proposed Screen Design to show how the site will look. Send to you for approval or required amendments
- CONSTRUCTION: Construct the website framework
- CONTENT: Input the content as supplied by the client
- TESTING: Test on all major browsers, operating systems and devices
- LAUNCH: Launch the site and submit to search engines
Q. What file formats do you need our logo to be provided in?
Preferably in the original format as supplied by the designer, usually .EPS or .AI. If not available, we can usually use .JPG, .PNG or .GIF
Q. What format do you require the page text to be provided in?
We prefer text content to be provided in a MS Word document.
Q. What format do you require photos and images to be provided in?
Photos should be in .JPG format, with minimum dimensions of 1000px x 1000px. They can be embedded within the Word.doc text to show placement but please also attached in full scale separately to an email, or upload to Dropbox and send us the link. Other images, such as illustrations, icons, buttons etc. can be either .JPG, .PNG or .GIF
Get a FREE Consultation