5 Tips to Increase Website Conversions
At our web design studio, we are frequently asked about website conversions and what a client can do to increase their conversions.
Conversion rate optimisation (CRO) as it is known, is a vital element of website design – it the bread and butter of your bottom line – because without conversions, your website is simply a black hole where people go in one side and nothing comes out the other.
So here are 5 tips to Increase Website Conversions:
- Understand what you want a visitor to do on your website. What does conversion mean to your business? Do you want a visitor to sign up for a newsletter, buy a product, fill out a contact form or register for a webinar or conference?
- Check your funnel. Go into your analytics package and identify where people are abandoning your conversion funnel. If you find that the biggest drop off occurs on the Home page – then you need to optimise that page for conversions.
- Check your Title tags and Meta descriptions. Search engines use this information to help decide on the relevance of your web page and to help organic rankings in the serps – and searchers use it to decide whether they want to click on your link and visit your website. It is important that both your Title tag and Meta description matches the content on your page or else visitors will quickly abandon your site, because it is not relevant to their search.
- Make sure your headlines <H1> and subheadings <H2> are relevant to your content. Including keywords and phrases in your heading and subheadings is important as people tend to skip down a page reading the subheadings, before deciding whether to stay and read the rest of the page.
- Have a clear call to action (CTA). If the goal is to have the visitor sign a submission form to receive a monthly newsletter or to complete an enquiry form, then ensure the submission form or contact box is simple and easily found. Sticky widgets are great for this as the form or box stays in the sidebar as the visitor reads down the page.
There are many more changes you can make to your website that will increase conversions, however two of the most important are knowing what a conversion means to your business and giving visitors clear directions on how to achieve this.
So understanding your conversion funnel is vital to increasing your bottom line.
If you want more information on website design or on how to increase conversions, feel free to contact us at our web design office. Call us on 08 6311 7534.
Get a FREE Consultation